Getting to MILANO
Please note that until October 27, 2019 the Linate airport will be closed for renovation. All the flights will arrive to and depart from Milano Malpensa, the main airport.
If you land at Malpensa Airport:
• Train: Malpensa Express (https://www.milanomalpensa-airport.com/en/from-to/by-train) (it costs 13 euro, one way)
• Bus (https://www.milanomalpensa-airport.com/en/from-to/by-coach) (not suggested because of traffic)
• Taxi (https://www.milanomalpensa-airport.com/en/from-to/by-taxi), with a fixed fare of 95 euro to any place in the city.
If you land at Orio al Serio Airport, the third airport of Milano (which is quite far from the city center):
• Terravision Bus to Centrale Railway Station: www.terravision.eu/milan_bergamo.html
• Orio shuttle to Centrale Railway Station: www.orioshuttle.com
Getting to the SPW 2019 at BOVISA CAMPUS
In Milano the metro (subway) is a reliable transportation, with many trains (one every 3 minutes), so you can easily move around the city. The local public transportation company is ATM).
From the city centre, get to one of the following metro stops: Porta Venezia (red line), Repubblica (yellow line) or Garibaldi (green line), take one of the railways named “Passante ferroviario” and get off at either Bovisa Politecnico or Villapizzone stations.
Also, you can reach Cadorna metro stop (green and red line), go to its railway station, take any train that leaves from there (except Malpensa Express) and get off at Bovisa Politecnico stop. Once you get out of Bovisa railway station, turn right to reach the Engineering Campus (Via Lambruschini 4).
From the city center (metro stops):
• Cadorna (green&red lines) ‐ 6 min
• Garibaldi (green line) ‐ 11min
• Repubblica (yellow line) – 14 min
• Porta Venezia (red line) – 16 min
• Centrale (green&yellow lines) ‐ 16 min
Fares (see also ATM)
• Ordinary Ticket (or Biglietto Ordinario) – Price: € 2.00
Valid for 90 minutes after stamping, gives you unrestricted travels for all the Milan Municipality area, including the area where SPW 2019 is located.
The ticket is valid for a single journey on the underground or rail network, including the urban rail lines of Trenord and the ‘Passante Ferroviario’ (Urban Railway Network).
• One Day Ticket – Price: € 7.00
Valid for 24 hours after stamping, gives you unrestricted travels for all the Milan Municipality area.
• 3 Days Ticket – Price: € 12.00
Valid for 3 consecutive days from the day of the first validation until the end of the service on the third day, without limit to the number of journeys within the Milan Municipality area.
• Carnet 10 tickets – Price: € 18.00
A block of 10 ordinary tickets, but the trips cannot be used on road services managed by operators other than ATM and Trenord; it cannot be used by more than one person at the same time.
• Weekly pass – Price: € 17.00
Valid from Monday to Sunday of the same week until the end of the service of Sunday, without limit to the number of journeys within the territory defined by the zones purchased.
You can also travel on the metro by paying at the ticket gate with your contactless card (Mastercard, Visa, Maestro and VPay). More information here.
Or you can download the ATM Milano official app and purchase tickets there.